July 23, 2009

haiku wednesday - July 22, 2009 special Thursday edition

This week's words are
cradle
perfect
snare

Not only was I too busy last week to make the 3WW rounds, but I was so busy I never had a chance to post yesterday for this week's 3WW. I am, at least, rectifying that. Do I get to consider my streak still alive, or do I have to join #3wwfail?



snare the perfect guy
new cradle--no honeymoon
wed by Pa's shotgun


old snare, upside-down
taken from new mom's drum set
makes perfect cradle


clouds snare sunlight
spread colors in perfect arc
crdle in the mist

11 comments:

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

Hey, man, when I started it was called "THursday's Three Word Wednesday." I liked a day to roll the words around in my head. Fun as always, glad and sad you're so busy. I do appreciate your comments.

Snare

anthonynorth said...

Sometimes we just can't fit it all in. Liked the first best today.

Aniket Thakkar said...

The first is a killer.

Hey, congratulation on yet another (much deserved) Win over the CoN contest. You are making it a habit now, aren't you? :D

Bobbie said...

Love these! The last one sings to me :D ♥

Daily Panic said...

As always glad you post! I like reading these little images you create.
the first one made me laugh.
the second, made me wonder what was being craddled.
the third captured beauty.

Glad you are busy at work!

Stan Ski said...

10 out of 10 for all 3.

lissa said...

I laugh at the first one, & really like the last one

Chris Eldin said...

Nobody does these as well as you do!

Robin B. said...

#3 rocks, Pete. So, as usual, like em all, but I have a favorite.

I love the word snare. So much potential for subtext.

Tumblewords: said...

Busy works for you - these are downright fun, charming and totally accessible. Each one as perfect as the previous...

Robin B. said...

By the way, Pete - congrats on the Clarity award as well!