July 1, 2009

haiku wednesday - July 1, 2009

This week's words are
collapse
sweet
yearn

Another work trip this week. I am sorry I won't get to visit everyone this week due to the travel. Thank-you to all who came by last week and left such kind notes! Also, "Airport Transportation NY" asked for a special haiku addressed to the king of pop, so I'm using one of my three 3WW haiku to do just that. See if you can guess which one. (I have to admit that although I agree he was talented, and I did sorta like some of his songs, I never cared much about MJ when he was popular... and I can't say I was much moved when I heard about his death.)



my lips yearn for yours
one final taste--I collapse
sweet, sweet Juliette...


ponzi schemes collapse
we yearn for greater justice
no sweet ending, this


fans scream, swoon, collapse
yearn for your sweet moves, smooth voice
moonwalking through life

14 comments:

Americanising Desi said...

i love it!

My 3WW

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

You outdid yourself on all three of these, but the second one...yeah. Methinks it isn't over yet, either.

Anonymous said...

better than the best :)

Daily Panic said...

romance
tragedy
mourning

wow. as always.

Blogless Troll said...

I'm guessing #1 is the MJ one.

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

The first is my favorite, but all are great. As per usual.

Tumblewords: said...

Another fine trio - I agree about MJ - much ado about not so much...

lissa said...

the first one makes me think of Romeo & Juliet, and I like "moonwalking through life" - I never quite know how to feel when a famous person dies, it just seems odd to me...

Jeeves said...

Nice ones. Like all. Esp Ponzi scheme

V said...

Like them all. The first is my fave. (=

Ofira Sephiroth said...

I love these, especially the first one.

Chris Eldin said...

Hi PJD,

You won the caption contest, so when you have a chance, could you drop me an email?

Thanks!!
:-)

Robin S. said...

Good ones! My favorite is #2.

Andrea Blythe said...

I love the MJ haiku. "moonwalking through life" I like that line, because while it refers to his dance moves, it gives the feeling that he was not grounded, disconnected from his life. Very well done.