May 5, 2009

bless his heart, or "lets just be friends"

One eyebrow raised in suspicious acceptance... mind whirring, analyzing the circuitous praise... half a thought thinking that "circuitous praise" is a cool phrase but probably too difficult to pronounce to be the name of a rock band, though it has good possibility for tee shirt design...

So, um... "Thanks, Aerin. I think."

The "Let's Just Be Friends" Award!

Blogs that received the Let's Be Friends Award are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers.
So, here's how I read this:
"Blogs that received the Let's Just Be Friends Award offer pleasant conversation but are not someone you'd actually take home at the end of the party. These clingy bloggers have no real friends. They are sheepish and should stay indoors, out of the light. Oh God, we hope we make some new friends soon so we can stop hanging with these losers. Please, someone else come talk to them so we can can get the hell out of here. Two should be enough, but we'll hope for eight just to be sure."
Oh, hell, I'll take any award I can get. Gotta keep that positivity going somehow.

But I'm too lazy to tag eight others. Besides, I'm not sure this award sends exactly the message I would intend...

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have so many responses to this. I'm going to list them one at a time and then you can "choose your own ending"

Anonymous said...

Oh, damn. I was counting on you not being able to speak "meme."

Anonymous said...

Phew, you didn't realize I was secretly coming on to you - didn't you notice the HEARTS?

Anonymous said...

Maybe if I'm really really nice to Pete he'll let me stow away in the suitcase to England.

Anonymous said...

bless his heart....says the guy who gave me a RUNNER UP award in case BT didn't accept his....

Anonymous said...

I am totally just being nice to you to impress the love of my life, Janey

Anonymous said...

You seriously think I pay attention to these damn things? I just pick blog friends out of a hat.

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I'm definitely not showing you the tattoo on my back.

Anonymous said...

Where the hell is Aniket when you need him???

JaneyV said...

The hearts are cute...
Aerin you have mine...
I'm sure Aniket will be here shortly.

PJD said...

hee hee hee ha ha ha HAHAHAHA
>snort<

I will not tell you which ending I prefer. But I will tell you that the one at the bottom of the list is Okay, now I'm definitely not showing you the tattoo on my back.

Robin B. said...

Congrats, Pete!

Well deserved, honey.

McKoala said...

Friendship is complex, huh?

fairyhedgehog said...

This has to be the best award acceptance speech - you're so funny.

Aniket Thakkar said...

I'm here... I'm here!

Congratulation any way Pete!

Aerin is a very nice lady (So what if she was just pretending to be nice to you so that you don't blame her for trying!)

Aerin totally loves you as a person! (So what if she loves Janey & Ello more... And even specifically mentions it at every possible opportunity that you are way down the list! :D )

Aerin totally diggs your blog! (So what if she hasn't taken your 7SS interview yet... though I kinda have a feeling now she would after sucha fab speech :P )

Aerin has sent you such lovely hearts (So what that those are actually ticking bombs that are set to explode when she gives her evil grin :D)

See Aerin I'm right here by your side. No need to worry! :D

Blogless Troll said...

says the guy who gave me a RUNNER UP award in case BT didn't accept his....I don't know what that means, but it appears I'm being circuitously implicated in something.

PJD said...

BT, I awarded you a mime award in a previous post, but clearly you missed it due to your impenetrable mime shield. I knew you had that shield, so I selected Aerin to take your award, sort of like the alternate juror.

I think I pissed her off for good with this one, though.

Blogless Troll said...

Ah. Never tried it on mimes. That's a good idea though.

PJD said...

ah ha ha ha ha
oops
yes, I wish I had a mime shield, too

Anonymous said...

I think I pissed her off for good with this one, though.Damn straight. See if I ever give you an award again.

Wait, that can't be right.

pacatrue said...

Mimes his witty comment.