December 18, 2008

Fully illustrated Unlucky 26

Dear friends,

I have completed a draft of a formatted, fully illustrated version of my Unlucky 26. As our dear friend Church Lady (bless hear heart) pointed out, it can use some polishing. If you are willing to (or interested in) seeing a PDF of the draft, please let me know by email at dudleypj at gmail.com. I'll send you a link and password.

In accordance with the majority opinion, I will not be self publishing at this time. But I do think I will create a private POD project of this and print some copies for my own enjoyment and use while I pursue real publication. (Any publishers or agents interested in seeing it, also please let me know at the above address.)

5 comments:

writtenwyrdd said...

I like the illustration. I'm not sure how you query a self-illustrated manuscript, but I've run across a few sites talking about children's submissions and saying that you shouldn't include the illustrations with the text. Other than that, I'm clueless. Maybe when querying, just submit the poetry part and mention that you have illustrated it, with one or two sample illustrations attached also?

writtenwyrdd said...

PS I still want a couple of copies if you do go POD!

writtenwyrdd said...

Oh, and Peter, I found this blog article you might find useful.

http://editorialanonymous.blogspot.com/2008/10/basic-book-construction.html

Sorry, I don't know how to do links.

JaneyV said...

Pete - are you a member of SCBWI? It's an amazing resource for info on publishing and you should get good advice on how to publish an illustrated manuscript. It's not that expensive to join and it's well worth it. I think Sarah said she was a very involved member - I think!

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Happy Holidays Pete! And if you are still looking for another reader, I'd be happy to read for you!

Happy new year too!

Best,

E