July 3, 2007

Ten on Tuesday: 10 things to do before you die

[link]

10 things to do before you die
Does this mean ten things I want to do before I die, or ten things I think you should do before you die? Hmm. Or maybe ten things I need to do before you die? Anyway, I don't typically make lists like this. I prefer to live in the moment and see where life takes me, enjoying the wonder of everything along the way. I mean, a list like this implies that if I were to die tomorrow, I'd have at least ten regrets. I don't like living that way. Anyway, here goes:

  1. Publish a novel.
  2. See Australia and New Zealand.
  3. See the middle of the United States in two parts: First, ride the train and see museums and historic spots in cities I've never been to. Second, drive and camp in national parks all over the country.
  4. Take my boys on a tour of medieval castles and cathedrals and cultural spots in Europe.
  5. Visit the Italy you see in all those movies about people spending lazy summers in country villas surrounded by vineyards.
  6. See Cal win a Rose Bowl.
  7. Own a mountain cabin or house, preferably on a lake, likely in the Sierras or in northern Vermont. Write there. Enjoy hot tea on a quiet winter morning overlooking the lake.
  8. Brew another batch of beer and share it with my friends. (It's been too long since I did!)
  9. Publish a second novel.
  10. Install baseboards in the living room. (My wife is pretty sure this one is not going to happen before I die.)
In no particular order, I guess.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to write a book one day as well...

Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment ;)

Just wanted to clarify:

I completely agree about being able to make a difference in smaller ways right here. (Actually, I've written a post on leadership that wil be posted on the 25th of July)

I only want to wait before going overseas to volunteer. I'm an active volunteer right now: Last year I was chair of our Relay for Life (I've been on committee for two years, a participant for four), an American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network volunteer, a member of Rotaract...

Last year I helped organize a sock drive for the local homeless shelter, organized a blood drive, wrote letters for the St. Jude Letter Writing program, etc...

Lol, so I'm definitely involved. I just meant that I want to wait to go overseas

;)

Amanda said...

nice ten. although I must disagree with Cal winning a Rose Bowl HEHE .. :~)

MommaBoo said...

May I tag along on #'s 3 & 4?

Thanks for sharing.

Happy Tuesday!

Patois42 said...

It's not only because we overlap in some ways that I think your list is good. Love the idea of seeing the US by train.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the beer after you install the base boards LOL
Have a great holiday,
Frances

~willow~ said...

hi there! Dropping by to congratulate you on being awarded the Thinking Blogger Award :-)

Cheers,
~willow~